Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Winter"-peg

We are in Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA now. I'm the only Canadian in choir and that fact has been made very clear to me today. So many people were making fun of Canada, but I stood up for my home and native land.

Tour has been great, lots of fun and good times.

But... my feet hurt!!!!!!!!!!!
I should never have placed fashion before comfort (at least without buying insoles).

Time for bed! Good night!

Oh, It's snowing here.

And... if anyone knows the Fountain Tire commercial: "Goin' to Winnipeg."

9 comments:

Kendra said...

I did not make fun of Canada. Nor would I do so. Ever.

Aileen Joanna said...

Oh Manda! You're the only Canadian? Craziness! Make sure you have a timmy's coffee that they didn't screw up while you're there.
Your apartment is pretty nice, especially when I'm the only one in it.

so Gate 32B was Hawaii and Gate 32A is..? Winnipeg. Goin' to Winnipeg.

Justine Teresa said...

oh canada. mmmm...
can you tell joelle to check her email?
i hope you're having a fabulous time. and i will see you in a few days...my sort of sister in a play once. :)

Unknown said...

I didn't get to go to Tim Hortons. :( Sad.

Andrea said...

NO ONE got to Tim Hortons. I can't believe it. After all the ones we passed up....

Jihad Hernandez said...

People that make fun of Canada suck. They probably also make fun of non-CRC folks, people with skin tones darker than peach colour, and other marginalized groups of society. Like the gays.


Okay, so sometimes I tell gay jokes. And racist jokes. Okay, so I'm basically pretty non-pc. But I do know what's funny. And making fun of Canada is NOT funny.

Side note: In San Jose, the hockey team has a bigger following than the soccer team. When I ride my bike to work I actually see people with Sharks flags flying and signs saying "This is SHARKS territory".

Philip said...

Its a good thing you were there to balance out all the Yanks! After all, its no fun making fun of Canada unless theres Canadians around. Half the fun is seeing them react :D. Oooooh Caaaanada.......

Nicole said...

Oh, my poor dear. The only Canadian?!!?! Canada is way too cool (in more ways than 1!) to make fun of. Happy 2nd semester!

sara without an 'h' said...

new post, new post! how's student teaching going??