I know it is a long time coming, but I'm alive and loving student teaching! I don't even have the time to check blogs anymore, let alone update my own blog. But, here it is, I'm making time.
I am student teaching now, and I love it!!!!!!!!! It is so much fun and really rewarding. I'm on my fourth week of teaching at my first school, and I don't want to leave in two weeks because I finally have almost all 126 names of my students memorized and I know how this school works and my cooperating teacher is great. I don't want to leave and go to a new school.
I am so glad that my 5 years of college haven't been wasted and that teaching is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
I'm teaching two (large) sections of 8th grade Earth Science - I like the class, I like the students, but I am NOT going to teach junior high if I can help it. All I have to say when they are out of control and crazy is, "I did not sign up for this!" But they should be angels on Monday - they got a pretty big lecture on their behaviour.
I also have two sections of junior chemistry - which I love. That's the age I like the best, and the subject that I like the most as well. It's so much fun.
And on Wednesday, I take over for the general/physical science course with the freshmen. And we're starting Chemistry!! Then I'll have full responsibilities, eek! But, I'm excited. Hopefully I can teach them and they'll learn.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amanda, I'm so glad that you love teaching! What a wonderful confirmation of five years of school! Please do keep us updated on your life :)
I started full responsibilities yesterday. I'm exhausted! Of course, I have like, 9 preps because of the self-contained classroom thingy.
Good luck!
yay! i am so glad that you are enjoying your time! I should be grading, but i am blog-surfing instead. I am glad you like it so much, jr. high can be a bit of a struggle somedays, they take some getting used to, but hey, it comes i think, slowley but surely! I hope your next few weeks goes as slow as possible!:) i totally know the feeling!
hey manda, are you watching the tournament of hearts this week? every time i hear about it on CBC radio i think of your love for curling! :)
hey amanda!!
so cool to hear from you! are you in iowa with your student teaching? where is your next placement?
i'm interested - which grade are you most excited to teach?
I'm so glad you enjoy teaching!
Post a Comment