My grandparents celebrated their anniversary this weekend. It was really nice and I had a great time. My sister and I sang, and although I royally screwed up on one of the songs, my sister recovered beautifully and everyone thought we were wonderful. Over the course of the evening I got really good at my one conversation, it went like this:
Some relative: Wow, I haven't seen you in such a long time. What are you up to?
Me: Well, I just graduated from Dordt with a B.A. in secondary education in Chemistry and Physics.
Relative: Already? Has it been 4 years already?
Me: Actually it's been 5 years.
Relative: *Puzzled look*
Me: I changed my major *sheepishly*
Relative: Do you have a job yet?
Me: Yes, I'm teaching at ___ Chrisitian School, teaching science and even a drama course.
Relative: You're going to teach high school science? For your first year? Won't that be difficult.
Me: Well, yeah, that's what I prepared for, not elementary, not English but high school science.
Relative: Oh. *pause* Well, you must be so excited.
Me: Yes!
etc.
I seriously had that exact conversation with 90% of the people I talked to that evening - I had that same conversation with the other 10% prior to that evening.
My parents leave for a month-long trip to Europe today, and I get to be in charge. Mwahahaha! (My siblings probably wouldn't agree totally, but... whatever) Mwahahahaha! It should be nice for them, and it should be very nice for me, I've gotten used to living on my own so it is strange to be home. Strange, but in a sense nice and appreciated because I know that I won't have that ever again and I'll probably miss it when I'm all alone in my apartment talking to myself - I won't have cats.
Pictures to come when I get them on my computer.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amanda, we obviously have not talked in a loongg time! Congradulations on your job! I looked at Lynded too, but no good. I think God oftern closes lots of doors just to force us where he wants us to go. I have no leads really, i am applying to a school in Conrad MOntanta, maybe you know of it, it is small, like a one room school house. it would be an adventure. ANwayz, i am glad you are having a good start to your summer. If you are in BC in July, i will totally visit with you! I will be there for a about a week spartically so we should try to get togheter!:)
my faith in your posting abilities is renewed :)
i was IN calgary when it snowed!! i was there for a conference with campus pastors and church planters, and we went to Kananaskis, and we got three inches of snow. at the end of may! it was so crazy.
You should get a cat and be the crazy cat lady.
But I HATE cats!!
I don't wanna be the cat lady.
Remember those TLC commercials - life lessons.
Ahh, yes, of course.
I'm moving beginning of August--you? How's the apt hunting going?
Amanda: Where are you teaching? When do you start? And most importantly: how long are you in St. Albert????? I just got back to Edmonton, and I'd love to see you!
Post a Comment