| So... I am starting to get stressed out. I am moving in less than 2 weeks! (11 sleeps) and after I move I have to start teaching full time. Every once in a while I think to myself/scream to myself, "I'm going to be in charge of a classroom for a whole year! No one to fall back on. eeks!!!" Then I try to forget and go on my way. The last month has gone by so fast. I've been staying at a friend's house most of the time since the beginning of July. Her mom is out of town finishing her Master's, and my sister, another friend and I are helping out by making the house not feel so empty. Heather is amazingly talented, (it makes me sick) she's recording her second CD this summer, and I'm being treated to a concert right now while she practices with her band. Check out her website: www.heather-hutchison.com or www.myspace.com/heatherhutchison The songs are from 2 years ago but the new CD is coming out soon. Wow, I wish I had that kind of talent. Anyways, I'm trying to pack up my life and head to Chilliwack. I have a wonderful apartment - or at least it sounds wonderful - I haven't seen it yet. The people I'm renting from are a young couple (she went to Dordt, small world) and they just built a brand-new house, designed so they could rent out a suite. It is really close to school and sounds wonderful. I'll even have a guest bedroom! *Hint, hint, come and visit me * - Bibby, Heather's guide dog, just came up to me and looked at me with her sad puppy eye, "Pet me and love me because I'm cute!" (she's a beautiful black lab and so adorable) - Excuse me, I'm petting her for a moment. - |
Tomorrow I'm going to ED Fest to see Emerson Drive and Johnny Reid, and it will be wondeful! and then Wednesday I'm going to see "Weird Al" Yankovic - I know it is nerdy and my brother and sister are going with me. It will be fantastically hilarious.
And in other news, me and the entire Edmonton metropolitan area are dying of heat. 36^C/97^F is way too hot for northern Alberta, we just aren't used to it. But huzzah, it is starting to rain, yeah thundershowers!
Well, back to packing, maybe.
3 comments:
oh, i hate moving. my thoughts are with you!! and remember: you'll be fine. you'll look back in a few months and think, "man, that wasn't so bad."
I'm sure you'll manage to do a fantastic job teaching. It's been really hot in Minneapolis, too. And I don't have AC, and my apartment is on the fourth floor, and my building is all brick, and hot exhaust from the busy intersection below blows into my apartment all day. I'm now finished with complaining.
I hate moving, too. My room is almost completely empty, which has not happened since we moved here 22 years ago. I'm basically all packed...heading out for Lynden Monday morning. We should hook up before school starts. I've packed my passport!
Post a Comment