Friday, October 27, 2006

ahh, simple pleasures - an update

Amy and Justine yelled "UPDATE!" to me this afternoon while they were checking blogs... so here it is girls, the update.

ahh, simple pleasures:
a well-made hot cappuccino
great conversations with friends
canadian chocolate bars (aero)
sleep
stargate (yup, I love sci-fi)
time to breathe
an amazingly wonderful song stuck in your head

mmm, contentedness. I love it when things just feel good and you can ignore the stress that you've been under (for the last how-ever long it's been) and you can just be and enjoy being around people. If you couldn't tell, I've been having a good afternoon. Even though I should have been doing tons of other things I took some time out and relaxed.

We have another performance of Arsenic and Old Lace tonight, hopefully it will go well. The selector from ACTF was here last night and the respondent is coming tonight. I'm always interested in what they have to say. The selector didn't think I was an incompetent idiot (Yipee!) - or at least he didn't say so :) - so that made me feel better about the whole show.

I love talking to people afterwards – one man came up to me today and said how much he enjoyed the play and that he really appreciated all the hard work that went into the production. I also had the privilege of speaking to the Gen 200 class with some of my fellow thespians. I enjoyed doing that - and the class actually asked us questions! I think that I just like to talk. Maybe it is a good thing I'm going to be a teacher - that way I can have 30ish students who have to listen to me. Ahh, the power. Mwahahaha!

Off to have a nap now!

4 comments:

Justine Teresa said...

hurray!! you posted!

Andrea said...

Power. Mmm, power.

Amy said...

hurray! you posted!

and i didn't even check until two days later!

hurray!

Kendra said...

You know what? I appreciate that your posts are always so positive. I'm a pessimist. I'm glad you're not. I heart you, roommie. Nuzzle.