Sunday, October 22, 2006

the quoteboard can go back up

Put up the quoteboard again, the parents are gone. Anyone who knows me and my roommates can appreciate the fact that our quoteboard had to come down for parent's weekend or we would all be facing serious reprimands and disapproving looks.

Well, the weekend is over and life can get back to normal - kind of. It was parent's weekend and my family came to see me and my sister. And... Liz came here for the weekend to see her family and friends and she stayed with me. I didn't think that I'd see her this soon after graduation - thought I'd have to go to Florida for that. I didn't realize how much I'd missed her. And... it was opening weekend for Arsenic and Old Lace which went wonderfully - and much better than I expected.

For all the complaining we have been doing about the show and particular people in the show, things have improved dramatically *excuse the pun :)* and from an outside perspective the problems we've seen aren't as glaringly obvious as they are to us.

People loved the show and I didn't realize how much of a rush I'd get going out onstage during curtain call. I've never played one of the lead characters and the cheering has never gotten louder when I've come out -I loved the feeling. Don't worry - I'm not going to become an egotistical diva. But, it was pretty awesome. Now we only have 4 more performances - ugh. I'm so tired already.

Onto another subject...
This weekend I realized how much I want to be done with school. I love it here at school - great friends, wonderful experiences, etc. and I love living on my own but when my family was leaving I just wanted to go with them. If I could have gone with them I would have been in that vehicle in a flash. I've never really felt homesick but this time I wanted to go home so badly and not have to worry about school at all. It wasn't really that I was going to miss my family, I just wanted to leave all of the stress here behind and not have to do any schoolwork. Only a few more months and then it'll be Christmas break - and then a semester of student teaching, which seems to me like there will be way too much responsibility thrust upon me.

Enough self-pity.

3 comments:

sara without an 'h' said...

as someone wisely told me a few days ago, everyone's entitled to a little self-pity every once in a while. just don't drown in it.

and i understand how you feel homesick for a home without homework!! you only have a short while longer at Dordt though, and i encourage you to enjoy it while it lasts (despite the homework)!

Andrea said...

In preparation for student-teaching, we should get 3 credits for taking a two-month nap.

sara without an 'h' said...

Hooray for a profile picture!