Monday, November 27, 2006

I love American Thanksgiving

It's great to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving twice a year.
American Thanksgiving rocks! I get a super long weekend for a holiday that has no real significance to me, no family obligations, and there is good food, friends to see and so much more.
I get to meet so many new people because of Thanksgiving. Two years ago I went to Laura's place and met her extended family, last year I went to Erin's and met her extended family (and all the strays -people, not animals- her family has picked up) And this year I got to meet Jeremy's family: parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, cousin's crazy mother-in-law... It was fun.

I went to Minneapolis and I stayed in Laura and Karissa's apartment. It was such a great trip and even though Laura, and I were sick with colds it was an awesome weekend. I met new people, made new friends and totally kicked ass in Settlers of Catan. Anyone up for a game sometime? Seriously.

Visiting friends’ apartments is really making me look forward to the time when I have my own apartment/house (hopefully by August). I can’t wait to have my own place that I can decorate and really make my own.











Here's us at the California Pizza Kitchen ( I took like four pictures this weekend - oops) Side note: If you ever have the opportunity to go to this restaurant, go; it's great.

1 comment:

flurp-boink said...

YEAH FOR YOU COMING ON THANKSGIVING!!
seriously....I don't know what I'm going to do next year if you can't have thanksgiving with me....it's just not right!